Upcoming Tandem Tours
- Big Sur, California: April 25-May 2, 2021
- The Peloponnese, Greece: May 9-23, 2021
- Vancouver Island, British Columbia: July 21-28, 2021
- Dordogne, France: September 12-26, 2021
- Southern Utah Parks: October 17-24, 2021
Past Tours Videos and Slideshows
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average daily mileage?
- We will ride an average of 40-60 miles per day.
- On most days there will be options to extend or to shorten the core routes.
How long are your tours?
- International tours are 2 weeks in length.
- Domestic tours are 1 week on average.
How many tandems go on trips?
- We limit our tours to 15 tandems or 30 individuals. We have found this an ideal group size.
Do I need a tandem with S&S couplers?
- No, we can accommodate your full sized tandem, but a coupled tandem is your best option if you are flying to the tour. Be aware that you will most likely be charged to fly with your non-coupled tandem, however. Please contact us us for information on our experience in flying with a tandem.
What travel documents do I need?
- You will need a passport for international tours. If you don't currently have a passport we recommend that you give yourself plenty of time to receive or renew a passport. We would hate to have you cancel at the last minute just because you don't have your passport!
What's the price of the trip?
- Typically our 2-week international tours are approximately $4,200 to $5,000 per person.
- Domestic tours average $2,800 to $3,600 per person for 1 week.
What's the usual tip for guides?
- We get this question often. The industry standard is 5% of the tour price per guest.
- Our guests often ask how much they should tip, so we suggest an amount, based upon this 5% industry standard.
Have more questions?
- Please contact us.
What's Included & What's On Your Own
What's included in the price of the trip?
- All nights accommodations (including FULL breakfast) in quality 3 or 4 star hotels and guesthouses.
- All breakfasts and selected dinners.
- Support vehicle with driver/guide throughout the tour.
- Ride with GPS Routes.
- Tandem mechanic (Patrick).
- International tours include bus transfer from tour-defined Airport to start city, if needed.
- International tours include bus transport to scheduled departure city, if needed.
- International tours include stay in scheduled departure city Airport hotel the night before departure.
- Daily luggage transfer.
- Daily briefing by guide on the route to highlight points of interest, en route attractions, services, and more.
- Pre trip planner.
- Tandem bike case storage.
What's on your own:
- Airfare to and from the trip.
- Tandem Bicycle.
- Meals other than those detailed above (Lunches and snacks are not included and some dinners are on your own in bigger communities for you to experience the local culture).
- Transport from airport hotel to terminal at departure.
- Alcoholic Beverages / Gratuities.